[MITgcm-support] Prescribing initial conditions for velocities

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Jul 13 12:51:48 EDT 2009

Hi Georgy,

This is not well documented, and the description of the experiment I
was about to recommend is not up-to-date.
Anyway, I would still suggest to look in:
 verification/tutorial_deep_convection/input
where T,U,V,Eta initial conditions are provided from binary files
(and no need to provide W, even for a Non-Hydrostatic set up
like this one). And if I remember well, they were comming from
a pickup file and not made-up from gendata.m.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel