[MITgcm-support] Forcing the model using some atmospheric data

Georges Djoumna gdjoumna at math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 19 10:22:22 EST 2009

Dear all,
I am doing a lake simulation, without ice.
I would like to force the model by using, air temperature, air
humidity, wind speed, and solar radiation.

I am wondering which package I have to use. I've tried the Bulk
formula package, it seems that this package needs the
thermodynamic-seaice package, but I doing simulation in a no ice
framework.

  I've tried to use the external forcing package, I have a problem
with the Calendar package with data.cal

#
# *******************
# Calendar Parameters
# *******************
  &CAL_NML
  TheCalendar='model',
  startDate_1=0,
  startDate_2=000000,
  &

In fact the atmospheric data I am using are given every 150 seconds
and the code is not reading binary file containing those data

Thanks

Georges DJOUMNA, Ph.D.
Post Doctorate Fellow
Faculty of Mathematics
Department of Applied Mathematics
University of Waterloo
Office MC 5135
Waterloo, Ontario
Canada N2L 3G1

E-mail        :  gdjoumna at math.uwaterloo.ca
Office Phone  :  1 519 888 4567 Ext 36648