[MITgcm-support] model keeps losing kinetic energy

David Ferreira dfer at mit.edu
Wed Feb 18 23:42:10 EST 2009

Hi David,
I am not convinced your KE mean plot is suspicious.
(BTW, does it display 10 or 100 years ?)
Anyway, I've got coupled runs where the mean KE drifted for
1000s of years (see the fig). I guess that if baroclinic currents
make a significant contribution to the KE, KE is going to drift
with the stratification until vertical diffusion has done its job.
david