[MITgcm-support] Energy diagnostics?

Jeffery Scott jscott at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 17 11:51:58 EST 2009

Hi Jody,

Several years ago Alistair and I worked out how to calculate this,
i.e. ,  given complications due to Adams-Bashforth time stepping, and
we able to diagnose under what conditions/run parameters the MITGCM
conserves KE (albeit fairly limited testing of MITGCM options). PE is
a bit more messy and I gave up at some point, perhaps others have had
more patience.

However, we did this all offline, so I'm not sure how much help it
would be, but happy to share, have some notes written up...

Jeff Scott