[MITgcm-support] Adding new file in the MITgcm

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Dec 16 02:49:39 EST 2009

Hi Georges,

the easiest way to add new code is to put into your "code" directory
(the one, that you specify at the genmake2 step with the "-mods"
option). After you put a new file there (or anywhere else for that
matter), you need to repeat the genmake2/make depend sequence to tell
the Makefile where the new file is. if you already have makefile, then
doing a "make makefile && make depend" does the job.

Martin