[MITgcm-support] MITgcm diffusivities?

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 10 13:42:21 EST 2009

Hi Stephanie,

Yes, these are at all depths.  And they are likely based on some hand-
wavy scaling arguments and effective diffusivity calculations.  As I'm
sure you know, there are many processes a 1^o model does not resolve
(e.g. internal waves) -- parameterizations are needed.  It's not
obvious how to choose parameterization coefficients....

-Matt