[MITgcm-support] upgrade to latest checkpoint

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Mon Aug 17 12:56:48 EDT 2009

Hi Matt,

On Aug 17, 2009, at  9:38 AM, Matthew Mazloff wrote:

> But if mdsioLocalDir is not defined in your data file then I believe
> it will not make directories....and everything will be in your
> output directory.
>
> A quick fix though is just to type
>
> mv 0???/* .
>
> and all directory info will be dumped back into output....

Sure, or I can just move the grid files, but in either case it
requires cleaning up after the run.

My point is that I run the gcm from an "input" directory, and put the
output in the "results/runA", "results/runB", etc directories.  The
"input" directory is the launching point for the different results, so
if "runB" has a different grid than "runA" I've lost the information
for "runA" if I didn't clean up in time.

I do this because running the input and output in the same directories
makes it really hard to make a new set of runs without copying all the
output files into the new run directory. However, I'm starting to get
the feeling I'm the only one who does this.

Thanks,  Jody