[MITgcm-support] Regional statistics diag (region-mask)

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Apr 9 18:41:19 EDT 2009

Hi Abbas,

it sounds like a problem in namelist "DIAG_STATIS_PARMS".
Could you try without the dot (since an Integer is expected)
for variable stat_region :
> stat_region(1,1)= 1,
instead of:
> stat_region(1,1)= 1.,

otherwise, if you want 4 differents profiles (one for each location)
instead of an average profile of the 4 locations, you need to
define 5 regions (the 4 locations + elsewhere) by setting:
> regMask(posaS1,poscS1,:)=1
> regMask(posaS1,posdS1,:)=2
> regMask(posbS1,poscS1,:)=3
> regMask(posbS1,posdS1,:)=4