[MITgcm-support] seaice_salinity

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 22:37:22 EST 2008

Matt, are you using SEAICE_gamma_t ?  This would allow surface
temperature to go below freezing point, on purpose, both because it is
more physically realistic and also more stable for adjoint, but
dynstat_theta_min = -5.8 is too much.  Could it be that you are
interpolating some land-surface air temperature over an ocean grid
point?  Is this extreme happening in a narrow fjord?  D.