[MITgcm-support] PTRACERS Initialization

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Nov 5 08:02:33 EST 2008

Hi Ryan and Helen,

the PTRACERS_niter0 flag was introduced exactly for the situation
that Jody has described (and that's how I do it rountinely).

I think what you tried initially was to set PTRACER_niter0>niter0 and
have the tracers being initialized at myIter=PTRACER_niter0 in the
ongoing integration, right? I don't recall that this has ever worked
and I it probably never will. (see ptracers_init_varia.F to see how
it works).

Martin