[MITgcm-support] bathymetryread_help

Maxiaohui maxiaohui823 at yahoo.cn
Fri May 30 09:56:58 EDT 2008

hi ,
  thank you  for Martin and Kolya's advice
  I have written a program to read bathymetry.bin in the tutorial_global_oce_latlon example,the program is showed in the following:
  clc;clear;
nx=90;
ny=40;
h=ones(nx,ny);
  fid=fopen('D:\MITgcm\verification\tutorial_global_oce_latlon\input\bathymetry.bin','r','b');
  h = fread(fid,'real*4');%since I use readBinaryPrec=32
fclose(fid);
  but the h returned to be h(3600x1) with all the elements being 1
  what's wrong with my program? how the bathymetry.bin is stored?
                                                                                      maxiaohui