[MITgcm-support] Re: mdsio slice routines

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Wed May 28 14:32:35 EDT 2008

Hi Suneet,

that will be a bit hard for Matt since the Southern Ocean
doesn't really have a Southern boundary.
One could always artificially create a setup that does,
but here is where you should help out:
I had suggested earlier that you provide us
a "toy" setup that mimics your setup, includes most features
that you want to have, has input fields etc.
You would have to test and make sure that it works fine
in a forward (not adjoint) calculation
(Tom, who I reckon you are in touch with, will know what I mean).
If this works, we could take a look at what works or needs changing,
based on exactly what you have and what you want.

-Patrick