[MITgcm-support] Re: MITgcm files

Renske Gelderloos gelderlo at knmi.nl
Mon May 26 09:27:01 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the advice.  The part about the overlap in SIZE.h  I don't
really understand though.  Isn't that the amount of grid cells that
overlap between different tiles? So if you would use only one tile, it
doesn't make much sense to me to prescribe overlap. Or is it not allowed
to use only one tile? Furthermore, on my computer the model crashes with
nonzero overlap.. ("solution is heading out of bounds (...),
mon_solution: stopping calculation, mon_solution: stopped due to extreme
values of solution"). So what is the idea behind the tiles and the overlap?

Renske