[MITgcm-support] is this bug in mitgcm code?

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 9 12:40:07 EDT 2008

Suneet, I had a similar problem.  What worked for me is to have both
singlecpuio and globalfiles options turned on.
This gives a warning, which can be ignored, but then the obcs files
are written as one global file rather than scattered
around in multiple files.  The reason is that singlecpuio is not
implemented for vector quantities.

A quick fix would be to default to globalfiles for vector output when
singlecpuio is .TRUE.

D.

Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at sbcglobal.net>
5056 Oakwood Ave, La Canada, CA 91011-2450
tel/fax: 818-790-6735;  cell: 818-625-6498