[MITgcm-support] ifort / g77

Suneet Dwivedi suneetdwivedi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:28:17 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am running the assimilation experiments in SO region using MITgcm.
When I am trying to run the model with obcs package included and
compiling with linux_amd64_ifort optionfile, I get the following run
error:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
forrtl: severeveryone (66): output statement overflows record, unit
-5, file Internal Formatted Write
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
libintlc.so.5      0000002A95D7A05E  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

whereas with linux_amd64_g77, I don't have any such problems and the
model runs fine. Can anyone of you please tell me why this is
happening? Without obcs package, both ifort and g77 compilers work
well.

The other things is that I can't see any mpi build optionfile for g77
whereas there is one for ifort (linux_amd64_ifort_generic_mpi) which
is not working in my case due to abovesaid ifort error.

Thanks in advance,
Suneet