[MITgcm-support] restart from pickup files (cube-sphere)

Yuan Lian lian at email.arizona.edu
Fri Mar 28 11:01:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

I recently notice that the simulation will produce different results when
I switch number of CPUs from pickup files. For example, originally I
used 12 CPUs to run the model, then I switched to 6 CPUs due to the
lack of CPU resources. The simulation ran but results were different from
those of 12-CPU run (I started from same pickup file but used different
number of CPUs to compare results) .

My question is, when restart a job from pickup file with different number
of CPUs, do I need to modify any configuration other than w2_e2setup.F,
W2_EXCH2_TOPOLOGY.h and SIZE.h? Thanks!

Cheers,
Yuan