[MITgcm-support] Velocity cubed sphere + pickup seaice

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Jun 4 02:54:59 EDT 2008

Hi Elja,

in addition, the orientation of u and v-velocity is along grid
coordinates, which will give you funny results, if you try to plot
them on some sort of map-projection. After interpolating, you need to
rotate the velocities according to the values of angleCosC and
angleSinC. Unfortunately, these fields are often not set, because the
model does not need them for hydrostatic integrations (so that they
are 1 and 0). There is a matlab script to compute the angles in
<utils/matlab/cs_grid/cubeCalcAngle.m>

I am also attaching a matlab function that does the interpolation and
takes care of the edges (for me, so I am not sure that this will work
for you or anyone else, too).