[MITgcm-support] Velocity cubed sphere + pickup seaice

Elja Huibregtse J.N.Huibregtse at student.TUDelft.NL
Tue Jun 3 05:46:58 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Is there a matlab script available to calculate the total velocity field from the zonal and meridional velocity components on a cubed sphere? I know the quiver-command, but I am not sure that this option gives the correct results on the cubed sphere.

Secondly, I am using the saeaice package. If I want to do a restart, I change nIter0 (in data) to the required value. Then, the standard pick-up files are read. Do I have to take an additional step to pick up the pickup_seaice files, too?

Thanks a lot!
Elja