[MITgcm-support] How to specify location in parallel field?

David Hebert david.hebert.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Thu Jul 17 15:28:32 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I would like to set the velocity field to a specific value at a specific
location in the code (say, global gridpoint x,y,z). If I understand
properly, in a parallel run each processor has its own range of elements
with indices that are not necessarily the same as global indicies. Is
there a function out there or a method I haven't found yet that will
allow me to specify a global gridpoint and convert to local processor
and local gridpoint?

Thanks,

David