[MITgcm-support] SOM problems

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Jan 24 10:44:14 EST 2008

Hi Christopher,

Martin is right. An other thing is that 81 try to make
the advected field positive (I know, we need to add a true
limiter that would ensure that no local extremum is generated)
So for cold water (temperature well below 0 celcius), will
give very strange things. And for salinity (well above 0),
the limiter will generally have no effect.
Would recommand to try 80 (no limiter) and see what you get.

Jean-Michel