[MITgcm-support] Strange results from GAD diagnostics using SOM

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Jan 8 10:33:35 EST 2008

Christopher,

by coincidence, the same problem you are having was encountered in
our lab today, which forced me to have closer look at
gad_som_adv_x.F. My conclusion from a rough scale analysis is that
the diagnostic ADVx/y/r_TH etc is multiplied by the (tracer) time-
step, so dividing your output by deltaTtracer, or if you don't have
that, by deltaT, should bring the values down to normal.

Jean-Michel, can you fix this (if it is really the problem)? I don't
know this part of the code too well.

Martin

Martin Losch // Alfred-Wegener-Institut für Polar- und Meeresforschung
Postfach 120161, 27515 Bremerhaven, Germany
mailto:Martin.Losch at awi.de // Tel./Fax: ++49(471)4831-1872/1797
http://www.awi.de/People/show?mlosch