[MITgcm-support] enable mnc-output

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Feb 14 10:46:42 EST 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:30:32 +0000 , Gelderloos wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Running the MITgcm automatically provides MDSIO output files (.data
> and .meta). Instead (or on top, doesn't matter) I would like to get
> MNC output files.
>
> To achieve this I already changed the 'useMNC=.FALSE.' in
> 'useMNC=.TRUE.' in model/src/packages_boot.F. Also running genmake2 I
> added -enable=mnc.  While running genmake2 the following warning
> appears:
>
> WARNING: the "mnc" package was enabled but tests failed to compile
> NetCDF applications. Please check that:
> 1) NetCDF is correctly installed for this compiler and
> 2) the LIBS variable (within the "optfile") specifies the correct
> NetCDF library to link against.
> Due to this failure, the "mnc" package is now DISABLED.
>
> The LIBS variable links against 'libnetcdf'.
>
> Does anyone have a clue for me how to solve this? Thanks in advance!

Hi Gelderloos

Yes, you need to install netcdf on your machine(s).  You can get netcdf
from:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/

and then you will probably have to compile it with the *same* compiler
you use to to build MITgcm.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/