[MITgcm-support] Convert data in latlon grid to cube-sphere grid

Yuan Lian lian at email.arizona.edu
Tue Dec 23 05:09:36 EST 2008

Hi Dimitris,

I talked a little about this with Jean-Michel during AGU. I went to
check your poster but you had left.
Anyway, I do need to convert the vector field as well. For example, I
want to use wind field from
observation data as initial condition. Will the bilinear interpolation
cause any trouble here (e.g. cell centered
to a standard C-grid)? I am thinking about making some matlab scripts to
do the trick. Any hint here?
Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Yuan