[MITgcm-support] input variables not recognised

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Aug 25 04:56:30 EDT 2008

Hi Elja,

in order to use this feature (on-the-fly interpolation from a regular
lat-lon grid as specified by *_lon0/*_lon_inc/*_lat/*_lat_inc etc),
you need to define the corresponding flag in EXF_OPTIONS.h:
#define USE_EXF_INTERPOLATION

If your forcing fields are already available (interpolated) exactly
on your model grid, then all of this is not necessary and you can
leave EXF_NML_04 empty (for some reason (adjoint?), it still needs to
be in data.exf as an empty name list).

Martin