[MITgcm-support] obcs for ptracers

Nataliya Stashchuk nataliya.stashchuk at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 08:48:12 EDT 2008

Martin,

I am very sorry but I still have problems with tracers.

1.In programme obcs_calc.F I can't find line
                         OBEptr(J,K,bi,bj,iTracer) =
      &           pTracer(I_obc-1,J,K,bi,bj,iTracer)
      &           *_maskW(I_obc,J,K,bi,bj)

Here we have OBE for t,s,u,v,w,eta but not for tracers.

2. I tried to introduced tracers data at the boundary as you suggested before via file data.ptracers

&PTRACERS_PARM01
PTRACERS_ref=60*0.,61*1.,
PTRACERS_numInUse=1,
PTRACERS_initialFile='Tracer.init',
PTRACERS_names(1)='Tr',

But I got error message:
STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R OBCS_CHECK statement executed

Could you help?

Nataliya