[MITgcm-support] model freezes / hangs

Suneet Dwivedi suneetdwivedi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:56:17 EDT 2008

Hello,
While running the MITgcm for 256x128x2 grid using mpi run, somehow my
model freezes at
(PID.TID 0000.0001) Start initial hydrostatic pressure computation
(PID.TID 0000.0001) Pressure is predetermined for buoyancyRelation OCEANIC
whereas it runs fine on a single processor for the same model
resolution (earlier it was showing some segmentation fault when i used
single processor which was removed using 'limit stacksize unlimited'
option).

But on multiprocessor run, the problem is still the same i.e. model
hangs at the same point. I am unable to figure out why this is
happening and what is causing the model to crash.

Anticipating help and reply,
Regards,
Suneet