[MITgcm-support] Error: No. of processes not equal to nPx*nPy

Marcelo Barreiro barreiro at fisica.edu.uy
Wed Apr 16 09:26:42 EDT 2008

Hello,

I just downloaded the code using CVS, and I am trying to run
verification/global_ocean.90x40x15 experiment using MPI (MPICH).

1. I built an opt file for my machine with the libraries and compilers needed.
2. In /build I did ../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code -mpi
-of=../../../tools/build_options/opt_chpc
3. make depend
4. make
5. In input ./prepare.run
5. ln -s ../input/* .
6. Used Loadleveler to submit: llsubmit llsubmit.test

Everything goes well if I use one processor and the program runs. However, if
I change the SIZE.h to try to use 2 processors (mpirun -np 2 ...) the program
compiles just fine but won't run and gives the error message:

S/R EEBOOT_MINIMAL: No. of processes not equal to nPx*nPy     1     2
S/R EEBOOT_MINIMAL: No. of processes not equal to nPx*nPy     1     2
ABNORMAL END: PROGRAM MAIN
ABNORMAL END: PROGRAM MAIN

The SIZE.h file I am using has

     &           sNx =  45,
     &           sNy =  40,
     &           OLx =   2,
     &           OLy =   2,
     &           nSx =   1,
     &           nSy =   1,
     &           nPx =   2,
     &           nPy =   1,
     &           Nx  = sNx*nSx*nPx,
     &           Ny  = sNy*nSy*nPy,
     &           Nr  =  15)

and eedata
 &EEPARMS
 nTx=1,
 nTy=1,
 usingMPI=.TRUE.,
 &

As far as I understand I am satisfying the condition nPx*nPy=np that is needed
to run the code. But what am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

Marcelo