[MITgcm-support] obcs_apply_ptracer

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Apr 9 10:42:18 EDT 2008

Taka,

what is the use of an open boundary point right next to a land point?
It won't do anything ... except cause trouble. One of the "bugs" in
obcs is that there *must* not any topography gradient across an open
boundary, and this is also true for coastlines. Can I suggest to
introduce code at the beginning of the run to check for such a case
and issue a warning/error message, e.g. in obcs_readparms.F or
obcs_check.F?

Martin