[MITgcm-support] Boussinesq equations ?

Nicolas Grisouard nicolas.grisouard at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Oct 23 09:13:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have been reproducing laboratory experiments with the mitgcm for a few
months and it works pretty well but despite my efforts, a question remains:

Do I solve Boussinesq equations?

I thought that the answer was yes until I read that the code could go
beyond this approximation. As the stratification is the most important
physical parameter in the process at stake (internal gravity waves), it
is pretty interesting for me to know this.

Thank you in advance for those who have the answer, or who know
documents on this topic.

--
Nicolas GRISOUARD
Laboratoire des Ecoulements Geophysiques et Industriels