[MITgcm-support] problem in pkg/seaice

chris hill cnh at mit.edu
Fri May 25 14:22:49 EDT 2007

Tom,

  Martin had a run with pretty much identical similar symptoms in the
Southern Ocean. We spent some time trying to figure it out, assuming it
was an ice related problem, but then we reduced the time step slightly
and everything was fine. The solutions then looked great. So while its
possible that there is an issues with the sea-ice (its undergoing lots
of development), its also possible you are right at the limit of
stability. Can you try simply halving the timestep.

Chris