[MITgcm-support] Compile MITgcm with gfortran+MPI

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu May 24 22:09:57 EDT 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007 18:54:16 -0700 Yuan Lian wrote:

> Yes, you are absolutely right. gfortran compiler is more poweful.
> I did try to compile mpich with gfortran and succeeded. However,
> gcc-4.3 failed to compile MITgcm so I have to use older version of
> gcc-3.2.3.
> I will see if gcc-4.4 can fix the problem.

Hi Yuan,

Running GCC 4.3.0 is not the best idea for production work.  GCC 4.3.0
has _not_ been released.  Its under active development.  If you do
try it and have problems, then by all means please file bug reports at:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/

so it can be tracked.

GCC v4.1.1 (as shipped in Fedora 6) seems to work with MITgcm.  And I
suspect that GCC 4.2.0 (released <2 weeks ago) will also work.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/