[MITgcm-support] speed up!

Christopher L. Wolfe clwolfe at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 21 16:41:17 EDT 2007

Van Thinh,

I think your code is spending most of its time writing checkpoint
files. I usually set my chkptFreq to be about a tenth my pChkptFreq.
That way you don't loose much if the model crashes, but you're not
spending all your time waiting for the checkpoint files to write.

Christopher

Dr. Christopher L. Wolfe             		 858-534-4560
Physical Oceanography Research Division    OAR 357
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD  clwolfe at ucsd.edu