[MITgcm-support] baroclinic, barotropic and bathyfile

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 05:58:57 EDT 2007

dear mitgcm,

there is several questions :

1. is there a special treatment if we run barotropic condition (T,S fix constant)==> diagnostic, and when we run baroclinic condition (T, S dont held fiix)==> prognostic??? as i know just describe Tref and Sref in data file for layers, when we describe Tref and Sref for layers uniform, its mean barotropic, mean while when we describe Tref or Sref for layers not uniform, its mean baroclinic...am i right?? is there any different treatment  for barotropic and baroclinic condition in the equation, code, routine, subroutine. input???...

2. how to describe bathymetri in MITgcm, HFld is variable to declare depth in MITgcm??
land is describe by zero value (HFld=0.0 m), and ocean/sea is describe by negative value (e.g HFld= -4.100 m)?????

thank you,
regards,
rima