[MITgcm-support] Interior ocean heating

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Mar 7 04:46:44 EST 2007

Christopher,

as a quick hack you can easily modify the routine external_forcing_t.
in external_forcing.F.
there you add you bottom heat flux (hard coded) as a tendency to the
field gT. E.g. if you have some flux Qbot ( in W/m^2 ) you can add
code such as
if ( klev = kLowC(i,j,bi,bj) ) then
gT(i,j,klev,bi,bj) = gT(i,j,klev,bi,bj) + Qbot*recip_drF(klev)
*recip_hfac(i,j,klev,bi,bj)*recip_Cp*horiVertRatio*recip_rhoConst
endif
or so. If you want to read the Qbot from a file, it's going to be a
bit more involved.

Martin