[MITgcm-support] opteron problems, cont'd

Samar Khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Jun 1 07:45:57 EDT 2007

Hi

I think I figured out part of the problem. If I replace

      OPEN(UNIT=scrUnit1,STATUS='SCRATCH')
      OPEN(UNIT=scrUnit2,STATUS='SCRATCH')

with

       OPEN(UNIT=scrUnit1,FILE='scratch1',STATUS='UNKNOWN')
       OPEN(UNIT=scrUnit2,FILE='scratch2',STATUS='UNKNOWN')

in ini_parms.F, open_copy_data_file.F, and eeset_parms.F, the model
seems to go much further along.
This may have something to do with inadequate write permissions in /
tmp (or wherever the scratch files
are created) on the nodes.

However, the model still hangs and now gives the following error:

PGFIO-F-228/namelist read/unit=11/end of file reached without finding
group.
File name = scratch1    formatted, sequential access   record = 10
In source file packages_boot.f, at line number 1704
PGFIO-F-228/namelist read/unit=11/end of file reached without finding
group.
File name = scratch1    formatted, sequential access   record = 1
In source file gmredi_readparms.f, at line number 3554
Terminated

The above lines correspond to:

READ(UNIT=iUnit,NML=PACKAGES) in packages_boot.F, and
READ(UNIT=iUnit,NML=GM_PARM01) in gmredi_readparms.F

Any ideas on fixing this would be appreciated. The code runs fine on
another cluster (32bit Athlon).

Thanks, Samar