[MITgcm-support] diagnostics DFrE_TH

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 3 16:20:42 EDT 2007

Julie, I am no expert on pkg/diagnostics but will take a guess based on your
e-mail.  Since you set

>  implicitDiffusion=.TRUE.,

explicit diffusivity is never called, hence the waning message that you get.
I would expect that DFrE_TH (the explicit diffusivity) would be zeros while
DFrI_TH (the implicit diffusivity) will contain all that you need.

Also note that if by any chance you use KPP scheme, there is an additional
vertical transport term, which is KPPghat.  Finally, there will be some spurious
diffusion due to your advection scheme, which you can diagnose as the difference
between ADVr_TH and WTHMASS.

Dimitris