[MITgcm-support] Rebuilding pickup files from data files

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jan 25 16:23:37 EST 2007

Christopher,

if you can afford to be really sloppy, you don't need any pickup
files: you can pretend to start at niter0=0 and use T,S,U,V,Eta (but
not W) as input files for a "hot" start:
  &PARMS05
  hydrogThetaFile = 'T.????.data',
  hydrogSaltFile = 'S.?????.data',
  uVelInitFile = 'U.????.data',
  vVelInitFile = 'V.????.data',
  pSurfInitFile = 'Eta.????.data',
  &

Again, not clean but usually works. This also avoids the tedious
process of creating pickup files for all the packages that you used
(if you used any, say, seaice, or cd_code).

Martin