[MITgcm-support] splitting method, boundary

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 04:58:48 EST 2007

hi all,

i have some questions...
1. just to make sure, are MITgcm use splitting method for 3D and 2D (external and internal mode)??

2. still about how to write the value of U, V, w, T,Eta (1,j,bi,bj) along West Open Boundary and East Open Bondary....i've tried one like Martin told me " in obcs_diags.F you could replace a line like
         CALL PLOT_FIELD_YZRL( OBWu, 'OBWu' , Nr, myIter, mythid )
which plots output to stdout by
           WRITE(suff,'(I10.10)') myIter
           CALL WRITE_FLD_YZ_RL( 'OBCWu.',suff,OBWu,myIter,myThid)"...
it was work...i have OBWU output file in every time step...but it makes "no space in my device". Now i want to write  U, V, w, T,Eta (1,j,bi,bj) along West Open Boundary and East Open Bondary in every time step or every one hour in one output file, so i can sketch the profile of U, V, w, T, Eta (1,j,bi,bj) for one tidal period...can you give me more code for that again?? still modify obcs_diags.F?? or use other subroutine like use MDSREADFIELDYZ??....thank martin

3. are treatment for OB Ie = Imax is given value from boundary, OBIe(Imax-1)=OBIe(Imax)?? what about OBIe (Imax+1)??
   OB Iw = 1 is given value from boundary, OBIw(2)=OBIw(1)??

4. OBWu=A/D*Co*Cos (kx-omega*t) it seem not enough to generate internal wave in my case, thats way i need to sketch profile of U, V, w, T, Eta along open bondary...

thank you..thank you...
-regards-
rima