[MITgcm-support] nonhydrostatic

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 03:34:57 EST 2007

hi, all...

when we define our model for nonhydrostatic...we just describe :
#define ALLOW_NONHYDROSTATIC in code/CPP_OPTIONS.h and activated nonHydrostatic=.TRUE. in input/data and automatically MITgcm will compute the experiment by it self  specially for vertical velocity right??? just want to make it clear and my curiousity about it...

is theta' in rho=rho0(1-alfatheta*theta') ...eq (3.12) in chapter 3 is define as Tref in input/data???
Tref is reference potential temperature (theta0) or fluctuation potential temperature (theta')?? or total potential temperature (theta=theta0+theta') ?? or we use eq 3.13 to find Tref??

thank you,
regards
-rima-