[MITgcm-support] flushing stdout on IBM p690

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Feb 19 05:27:43 EST 2007

Hi there,

I am having fun with an IBM p690 with an xlf compiler. When I run
into the time limit of the queueing system (loadLeveler), normally my
STDOUT.* files are completely empty and I have no idea how far the
model has got. Therefore I would like to "flush" the STDOUT.* every
now and then, preferably after monitor output is written.
Is is a good idea to put a "CALL FLUSH(mon_ioUnit)" at the end of
monitor.F? Should it go between the IF ( MASTER_CPU_IO(myThid) THEN
[...] ENDIF, or rather outside this IF block in monitor.F?
Or does anyone have a better suggestion for placing this call? Maybe
there is even a totally different solution I can try?

Thanks,