[MITgcm-support] EVP stability

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Feb 16 19:18:56 EST 2007

Sorry for contributing so late:
there is a flag "SEAICEstressFactor", that you set to 0, and you will
have no effect of seaice on the wind stress for the ocean for the C-
grid (the B-grid doesn't have this factor, but as D. points out has
the stress unaffected by ice by default).

You need to use a very small timestep for evp. Unfortunately I don't
have any experience with EVP at high resolution, but maybe soon?
(Dimitris, what deltaTevp do you use for the cs510?)

Martin