[MITgcm-support] exf: river temperature?

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Feb 13 21:00:15 EST 2007

Hi Dimitri.

When I run a coupled set-up, time dependent river temperature
is accounted for by using, for the ocean:
 exactConserv=.TRUE.,
 select_rStar=2,
 nonlinFreeSurf=4,
 useRealFreshWaterFlux=.TRUE.,
 temp_EvPrRn=0.,
(see MITgcm/verification/cpl_aim+ocn/input_ocn/data)
And in addition, in the atmospheric model, the heat content of EmPmR
is added separately to the net surface heat flux.

Regarding an ocean only set-up (using, e.g., EXF package),
I don't remember of a specific entry for this heat flux in the EXF
package. May be the simplest thing to do would be to add this heat
flux contribution to one of the fixed EXF forcing fields (and files).

Jean-Michel