[MITgcm-support] Ph.D. position - Modelling ocean circulation or biogeochemical dynamics of shelf settings.

Christian Bjerrum CJB at geol.ku.dk
Fri Dec 21 06:03:16 EST 2007

Ph.D. position
Modelling ocean circulation or biogeochemical dynamics of shelf
settings.

A full funded Ph.D. position will be available at the Nordic Center for
Earth Evolution (NordCEE), Department of Geography and Geology,
University of Copenhagen, Denmark.

We seek highly motivated geoscientists interested in working with
computational geoscience or geochemistry in relation modelling 3D ocean
circulation and/or biogeochemical dynamics of shelf settings. In
particular we are interested in understanding the shelf - ocean
interaction, the development of oxygen oasis as well as anoxic
conditions under various conditions through Earth History. Experience
with ocean circulation models such as MITgcm or ROMS is an advantage.

NordCEE is a centre of excellence funded by The Danish National
Research Foundation. NordCEE is focused on exploring the long history of
life’s evolution on Earth. We investigate how biological evolution has
both shaped and responded to the evolving chemistry of the Earth-surface
environment (www.nordcee.dk).

Candidates should hold a MSc degree in geophysics, geology,
computational science or engineering, preferably with knowledge of ocean
circulation and/or biogechemical dynamics. Good English skills are
required.

The salary depends on seniority, as agreed between the Ministry of
Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations within
the range of 23,000-30,000 DKK/month.

Applications should include a curriculum vitae, list of publications,
copy of diploma, name of one professional reference, and a short
statement on personal research interests. It should be emailed to
Associate Professor Christian Bjerrum, from whom further information may
also be obtained at cjb at geol.ku.dk.

Closing date is January 18th , 2008.

Any potential applicant is invited to apply irrespective of gender,
race, religion or ethnic background.

--

Christian J. Bjerrum

Associate Professor, Ph.D.
Inst. of Geography and Geology,
Univ.of Copenhagen
Øster Voldgade 10,
DK-1350 Kbh. K.
Denmark

Phone : +45 35 32 24 05                Fax   : +45 33 14 83 22