[MITgcm-support] Problem with EXF package

Abbas Dorostkar abbas.dorostkar at ce.queensu.ca
Wed Dec 5 10:14:42 EST 2007

Hi all,

Thanks to Matt and Patrick for replies.

I definitely set useEXF = .TRUE. and use data.exf (attached) with the
package. The problem is wind speed does not get converted to wind
stress.

I had a look on previous posts. It seems some other users had this
problem before. See post
http://forge.csail.mit.edu/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2006-November/004434
.html

I have used Cartesian coordinate and specified wind speeds at every grid
point and at every time point. The file is wind(nx,ny,nt), where nt is
the number of hours I have, like wind(x,y,t1), wind(x,y,t2), and so on.
I am not sure if the input file I have generated is correct. However,
using same Matlab routine to generate wind stress file to be used in the
file "data", in namelist PARM03, works fine.

I have also attached monitor output.

I would appreciate it if someone give me ideas.

Abbas