[MITgcm-support] RE: Using close boundaries and two layer temp profile in internal wave test

Abbas Dorostkar abbas.dorostkar at ce.queensu.ca
Fri Aug 31 11:53:38 EDT 2007

Hi Van thinh,

Thanks for reply,

I have been initializing temp profile as you described by using Matlab
script and it was not my difficulty. I wonder how can I define Tref when
I have a prescribed temperature profile including an internal Gaussian
of depression at the left boundary (temp is variable in both x and z
direction). If I use TRef='blank' I think the model will use default
value which is 20 C(If I am wrong, someone correct me please).
Could someone tell me that the model works with the full density field
or temp is decomposed into an ambient stratification and a perturbation?

Thanks,
Abbas

Message: 4