[MITgcm-support] SPgrid

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 06:10:20 EDT 2007

hi all,
specially to Ed again,

from your last message :

Hi Pat & Riema,

Ian Fenty and I created a few curvilinear models of the Lab Sea.  One
was grid-cell-coincident with a Lat-Lon grid at the exterior and then
approximately coastline-following within the basin.  Perhaps you could
ask Ian to check his setup into the MITgcm_contrib area?  As I recall,
there were OBCS problems but I don't know whether the OBCS issues were
a direct result of the grid quantities or not.  Ian would have a better
idea.

If you want, I could create a grid that does (approximately) what you
describe above.  I'm very busy this month but in August I'll have some
free time.

Ed

==> I've been tried to understand SPgrid and to make curvilinear grid in the Lombok Strait...but I can't make it...and i remembered that u willing to create a grid in your free time in August...may you help me for that?? what data should i prepare for you to create it??

thank you Ed,

regards,
rima