[MITgcm-support] update breakage

Chris Hill cnh at mit.edu
Thu Aug 9 21:10:13 EDT 2007

Hi Michael,

  the <<<< stuff is usually generated by cvs if it finds a conflict and
can't resolve it automatically. this happens if you ask to update, but
some of the files to be updated have also been changed locally. i.e.

you check out including exf_readparms.F
you edit your local exf_readparms.F
we change the CVS exf_readparms.F in the same place as you, but not in
the same way
you do update.

That is probably what is going on. You should have seen some messages
about conflicts when you did cvs update, but they may have scrolled off
if there were other messages etc...

Chris