[MITgcm-support] Re: Re: how to write output file? , OB*etafile, internal wave experience

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 04:31:20 EDT 2007

dear martin,

dumpFreq=148800.,
means, that you write output every 148800 seconds.
==> but in my configuration :
> # Time stepping parameters
> &PARM03
> niter0=0,
> nTimeSteps=47520,
> deltaT=20.0,
> abEps=0.1,
> pChkptFreq=0.0,
> chkptFreq=0.0,
> dumpFreq=148800.,
> monitorFreq=2500.,

the output files I have: Eta.0000000000.data, Eta.0000000000.meta, Eta.0000007440.data, Eta.0000007440.meta, Eta.0000014880.data, Eta.0000014880.meta, Eta.0000022320.data, Eta.0000022320.meta, etc...its mean write output every 7440 seconds, not every 148800 seconds just like you told me, or something I did wrong??

There is no way easy way of specifying output at irregular time
intervals that I can think of. You'll have to either store a lot and
then only use the time slabs that you are interested in, or use
pickups/restarts (run to say 78h, do a restart, run to 98 with hourly
output, restart and run to 222h, etc.)

==> i'll try it martin
other question :
==> i am trying to modify configuration of etafile for boundary OB*etafile ( last message you told me that it has not been implemented), but i still have a lot of error message that i dont understand sometimes, could you give me the steps to modify it??
==> I have been run simulation with barotropik OB*U File for 264 hours simulation, linear interpolation for every deltaT=20 seconds, Nx=2600, Ny=1, Nr=38, and i have 2 hours output file simulation in 2 days real, seems very long of duration to have 2 hours output simulation in 2 days, it is normal or something weird?? any better way to make it faster??
==>to anybody have run internal wave simulation until get solitary wave (soliton), could you give me your experience in configure the code, what is the most important beside using nonhydrostatic in MITgcm??

thank you all,

rima