[MITgcm-support] Numerical diffusion

Baylor Fox-Kemper baylor at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 29 09:29:22 EDT 2006

Lars,
   If you are serious about including the GOTM, you should take a
look at how KPP is implemented, MITgcm/pkg/kpp
   You may have significant difficulties in incorporating GOTM, as it
seems that GOTM prescribes fluxes and changes to the mean flow not
diffusivities/viscosities (which is how the MITgcm receives all
current parameterizations).  However, I would LOVE to see it
implemented!
    -Baylor