[MITgcm-support] error in exp. s12t_16x32

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Sep 8 07:37:40 EDT 2006

On 8 Sep 2006 10:18:26 -0000
"Amitabh  Mitra" <amitabhmitra1 at rediffmail.com> wrote:

>                  individual arrays within common block
> seaice_grid_. Please see -OPT:reorg_common in the fortran man
> pages for details. ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol
> "timenow_" -- 1st referenced by timers .o.
>         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects,
> archives and dsos ar e loaded.
> ld32: INFO    152: Output file removed because of error.
> make: *** [mitgcmuv] Error 2

>  How can I remove the error ? Please see the attached optfile for
> verification.

Please try the "-ignoretime" option for genmake2:

   ../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code \
       -of path/to/optfile -ignoretime

And you need to learn how to use search engines.  If you searched for
the "timenow_" string in the mitgcm.org search page you would have
found multiple descriptions of this issue in the email archives.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/